The Blowing Rock area offers a plethora of things to do. From golf and tennis to skiing, hiking, biking and spelunking, the High Country is a hub for adventure. The area offers an array of attractions from The Blowing Rock and Grandfather Mountain, to music and arts performances and festivals. Our award-winning restaurants make Blowing Rock and Boone a culinary destination and downtown shops and outlets make the High Country a shopper's dream. And when its time to relax, you can't beat our spas and wineries.
- The High Country’s first ski area, located in Blowing Rock. Three terrain parks and 12 ski slopes for skiing and snowboarding. Night skiing begins December. Outdoor ice skating arena. Equipment rentals with 2200 sets of skis and 650 snowboards plus …Read More »
- The Original Mast General Store opened in 1883 in the rural community of Valle Crucis, North Carolina. Storekeepers tried to have everything the community needed… from cradles to caskets. As a general store, Mast Store offers a variety of goods …Read More »
- The Schaefer Center for the Performing Arts is a 1,673-seat multi-use auditorium located on the campus of Appalachian State University in Boone, North Carolina. The Center features orchestra and balcony level seating and a proscenium stage. The Schaefer Center is …Read More »
- Some of the most beautiful sections of The Blue Ridge Parkway are located near Chetola. Hike the trails, bike the parkway or simply take a drive and enjoy the view. Nearby attractions on the Parkway include: Moses Cone Manor, home of the …Read More »
- Be inspired by the views from the highest point in the Blue Ridge and escape to a nature sanctuary of global importance. Cross the famous Mile High Swinging Bridge, photograph native wildlife in natural habitats and hike some of the …Read More »
- Visit us and experience the visual arts and our rich mountain heritage through enlightening exhibits, family friendly cultural events, art and craft workshops and classes, and engaging lectures. Open year-round: Tuesday – Saturday 10 am – 5 pm and Thursdays …Read More »
- North Carolina's oldest travel attraction since 1933. Short scenic walk includes views of Grandfather Mountain, Table Rock, and Hawksbill. Also enjoy a small garden waterfall, observation tower and unique gift shops. Open daily April-December. Open Thursday-Monday during January, February and …Read More »